Microneedling is aimed at stimulating the body’s own collagen production in order to reduce or eliminating skin issues. The automated adjustment of speed and needle length has made the microneedling procedure more fruitful and effective.
The right use of microneedling device can relieve the pain, bleeding and other side effects. However we are going to discuss all about microneedling dermapen before and after care tips.
Before Treatment of Microneedling
We are narrating all about microneedling post care that will be most beneficial to your treatment.
- Avoid any known irritant such as retinoids and alpha hydroxyl acid at least 3-5 days before treatment.
- Inform your clinicial if you have any concerning skin conditions such as cold sores inflammated acne.
- When you have active acne then you need to stop treatment.
- Inform your clinicial if you are pregnant or nursing.
- Avoid sun exposure and always use sun protection at least 3 days before.
One day before treatment:
Your prescription for your topical anesthetic cream will be sent in your selected pharmacy. Collect it before 1 day to your procedure.
Day of treatment:
Just before one hour prior procedure
- You need to clean your treatment area by a mild cleanser and dry skin perfectly.
- Put a thin layer on skin wit anesthetic so that it is evenly distributed.
- Rinse anesthetic perfectly before the procedure starts.
After Treatment of Microneedling
The microneeding after care is no less important that of post care in respect of having an ultimate result.
Micro needling offers amazing benefits of getting a beautiful skin but to keep it for long time you need to follow the aftercare tips. Immediately after treatment you will find sun burn, swelling, redness and skin tighter than usual.
They typically subside within few hours but can take 24-48 hours. You need to use the top quality microneedle pen or dermaroller in order to have the ultimate good results though all the post and after care tips are followed.
- Clean: Use a gentle cleanser and tepid water for 72 hours post treatment. Dry the treated area perfectly. Always make sure that that your hands are clean before touching the area.
- Heal: We normally recommend serum antioxidant post treatment since its properties are ideal for healing the skin by soothing and lessening irritation.
- Hydrate: When you finish your microneedling treatment your skin may feel drier than normal. Hyaluronic acid is a perfect ingredient that can be used to hydrate and resore skin to perfect position.
- Stimulate: After the end of procedure the skin starts to regenerate collagen – stimulating peptides effects to maximize stimulation.
- Makeup: We recommend not applying makeup within 24-72 hours. Also do not apply any make up with unclean makeup brush.
- Protect: After the procedure, immediately your skin professional will apply a greater sunscreen cream to your skin. We recommend to use a chemical free sunscreen. Keep in mind that you have to continue the sunscreen everyday after the procedure.as a part of skincare routine.
Additional aftercare precautions:
- To ensure better healing environment do not use any alpha hydroxyl acids, beta hydroxyl acid, vitaminC (in a low PH formula), retinol (vitamin A).
- Do not use any powered cleansing brushes like clarisonic for one week post treatment.
- Avoid direct and intentional sunlight for 72 hours.
- No tanning beds.
- Always wear sunscreen
- Do not go for swimming for 72 hours post treatment.
- Do not go for exercise and some other laborious job. Sweating or gym environment are harmful.
- It is important to remain hydrated before and after the procedure which allows your skin to heal and rejuvenate fast.
- After you have undergone microneedling you may experience skin inflammation and redness. Using cooling face mask will reduce inflammation and redness giving more comfort.