A skin or face toner is a lotion or wash manufactured with ingredients to shrink pores and cleanse the skin. Toners are meant to be used in between cosmetic products. You should apply it after washing your skin but before moistening your skin.
Depending on the formulation, there are different ways in which you can apply the toner and one of them is by using a cotton wool. Another way of applying the Rodan and Fields brightening toner is by spraying it on your skin if it is made in the form of a spray.
How Face Toners Work When Applied on Facial Skin
Skin toners work to brighten your skin and increase nourishment. When toners are applied on the skin, they reduce pore sizes and tighten gaps between cells of the skin thereby blocking environmental impurities that could penetrate the skin and cause dullness.
It can protect your skin from being penetrated by Chlorine that is normally found in tap water. Most of the toners meant for intensive brightening of the skin can help to get rid of the makeup leftovers on your skin. Most toners increase water retention on your skin leading to maximum nourishment of the skin.
Toners should however not be used as a short cut for cleaning your facial skin. First use facial washers to get rid of all the excess substances from applied cosmetics before you apply your toner to bring fine results on your face.
The Kind of People Who Can Use Skin Toners
Dry skin is the main indication for people to use toners. Dry skin is a sign your skin’s water retention capacity is very low and since toners shrink pores and increase water adhesiveness on your skin, you will increase skin moisture retention capacity.
People who have a sensitive skin can also use toners to increase skin health so that nerves are perfectly pushed beneath the dermis and epidermis so that they don’t become extra sensitive to environmental conditions like coldness and hotness.
For excellent results, toners can be used twice a day and you will see significant results within a very short time at all times. After acne treatment, you skin could be having open pores and a lot of chemical residues on it. You can use a toner to make sure you give a bright look to your skin because all large chemicals that are causing dullness on your skin will be completely eliminated.
Ingredients That Should Be Contained in a Skin Toner
- Rosewater: This water is important because it increase connective tissue generation in your skin leading to more moisture reservation by the skin tissues. The end results is that you will enjoy a prolonged skin hydration thereby eliminating skin dryness.
- Chamomile: This chemical play lots of roles including reducing inflammation on your skin and removal of scars from your skin. It contains plenty of ant-oxidants making all free radicals on your skin to be completely eliminated. Chamomile also contains antiseptic effects so you can always enjoy the best outcomes.
- Tea Tree Oil: This oil extracted from the popular tea tree, its chemical can destruct bacterial cell walls making them not to multiply. The results are complete death of all bacteria. With this you can be sure to make your skin infection free.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera contains anti-inflammatory properties and it can incapacitate cytokine response. Redness and sensitivity on your skin will be completely eliminated leading to a complete smooth and bright skin that is always attractive.
Plant Stem Cells and Vitamin-Vitamin E plays an important role in increasing skin hydration. Stem cells are known to contain anti-aging effects by replacing old skin cells with new ones.
These are the main ingredients that make a powerful and effective toner. Ingredients may differ from manufacturer to manufacturer so you need to make sure you analyze all toners before you buy one for your skin.
How to Apply a Facial Skin Toner
- First wash your face perfectly using the best washing materials. Make sure you remove as much residues as you can from your face.
- Put a toner on a cotton wool and make sure you spread it gently on your facial skin avoiding contact on your eyes. Apply a uniform size of toner on all your face so that you receive uniform results.
- Spritz a second toner over the first layer so that you increase moisture on your face.
- Wait for a minute or two for the toner to attach to your facial skin and dry. Toners may get scrapped off if you use your moisturizer without the toner drying on your face.
- Now after your toner has dried, you can then apply your treatment products. Most of these are moisturizers that work to add more water to your skin and making you eliminate all dryness from your face.
- Apply twice a day if you want excellent results within a very short time. If your dryness is not that intense, you can use once a day and you will receive significant results within a very short time.
How Do You Know a Toner is perfect for Your Skin?
There are hundreds of brands of skin toners and you may be wondering which one could be the best for you to buy. First look at the ingredients and note if the above ingredients listed are there. Make sure plenty of the ingredients are organic and when applied, you won’t receive any kind of side effects.
Toner is used for the elimination of skin dryness by reducing pore size and increase moisture retention of the skin. It is also used for the brightening of the skin and some are made with anti-aging ingredients to make you look younger than your age. Apply it as directed by the manufacturer and you will enjoy a perfect looking skin.